“When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.”
– Cersei Lannister –
Rally the realm–the Game of Thrones CAL is coming!
This is possible one of the most exciting projects we’ve had in a while. While we at Two Hearts Crochet love all things geeky, we especially love Game of Thrones. Here’s the details of the CAL:
- There will be three different “types” of designs:
- one set of portrait-style RECTANGLE designs featuring both house crests and house words
- one set of SQUARE designs featuring just house crests
- one set of SQUARE designs featuring just house words
- The SQUARE designs can be used interchangeably, so you can choose only the houses you want to represent
- There will be 14 houses (maybe more) represented: Stark, Lannister, Baratheon (Robert), Baratheon (Stannis), Targaryen, Arryn, Tyrell, Martell, Greyjoy, Tully, Frey, Bolton, Mormont and Baelish
- There could possibly be additional designs released further into the CAL that feature other aspects of the GoT canon, such as the Lord of Light, the Dothraki, and the Night’s Watch
Personally, I will be choosing at least SIX of the rectangular designs that will have the house crests and words: Stark, Lannister, Baratheon (as in Robert Baratheon), Greyjoy, Targaryen, and Bolton. But there are so many great ones to choose from!
As with all our CALs, we’ve provided a yardage and color chart for this CAL, available via the link below. The chart lists yardage and recommended colors in Stylecraft Special DK yarn for each of the rectangle designs AND each of the square designs–all you’ll have to do is determine which style you want and then add up the colors! (I don’t envy you: choosing is the hardest part!)
We are so insanely excited about this project–I hope you are too! Keep watching this page for more details. You can also subscribe to our email list by clicking the “Join the Geekery!” button at the top right of this page.
Official GoT CAL Designs:
House Bolton – Friday, June 2
House Tyrell – Friday, June 9
House Targaryen – Friday, June 16
House Baelish – Friday, June 23
House Frey – Friday, June 30
House Tully – Friday, June 30