Are you ready for a project that is truly out-of-this-world amazing? Join me for a Solar System crochet along project!
What is the Solar System CAL?
This will be a 12 week blanket crochet along project. Each week, I’ll release a new part of the pattern. The blanket will be worked in the round and will be double-sided (although you can make it single-sided if you like).
We’ll make the sun and the orbits for all nine planets (Pluto is a planet, I say!), as well as the asteroid belt that lies between Mars and Jupiter. Each of the nine planets will be made as separate sew-on appliques, so you’ll be able to place each planet wherever you like on its orbit!
There will also be some bonus space-themed appliques to sew on, which will include: the moon, the International Space Station, Voyager-1, a space shuttle. For fellow sci-fi nerds, there will even be some extra-bonus appliques for the T.A.R.D.I.S., the Death Star, and the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Below is the schedule for the Solar System CAL weekly releases. You can find the recommended tools and materials list here.
The CAL begins Friday, January 5, 2018.
- January 5: Sun, void space, orbits for Mercury & Venus
- January 12: Orbits for Earth & Mars, void space
- January 19: Asteroid belt, orbit for Jupiter, void space
- January 26: Orbit for Saturn, void space
- February 2: Orbit for Uranus, void space
- February 9: Orbit for Neptune, void space
- February 16: Orbit for Pluto, void space
- February 23: Void space
- March 2: Void space
- March 9: Planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto)
- March 16: Bonus Science Appliques (moon, ISS, Voyager-1, space shuttle)
- March 23: Bonus Sci-Fi Appliques (T.A.R.D.I.S., Death Star, U.S.S. Enterprise)