So what’s a Crochet Along?
A crochet along (or CAL) is an event where a crochet designer releases pieces of her pattern at scheduled intervals – every week, for example.
Here at Two Hearts, my CALs are usually for blankets made up of squares that are stitched together at the end. You can find all of my previous CALs here. However, I am planning a very fun year-long amigurumi CAL for 2018 – more details below!
Ready to find out what CALs are on my to-do list for the next several months? Take a look at the list below!
Two Hearts Crochet Alongs
- At this time, I have not planned any major CAL projects due to the holiday season. There may be some small projects here and there as time permits.
Plans for 2018
2018 is still a ways away, but here’s what I’ve got cooking for next year:
- A Solar System blanket CAL
- This will be a (roughly) 10-week-long CAL, starting Friday, January 5.
- It will be double-sided and worked in the round
- It will include the sun and the orbits (and sew-on appliques) of the following planets:
- Venus & Earth
- The Main Asteroid Belt
- I’m also planning to make some optional appliques to feature things like Voyager 1 and the International Space Station!
- Yarn yardage chart to come!
- A Mystery Amigurumi CAL
- This is the one I’m perhaps most excited about. I’ve got a hundred different ideas floating around my head, but I’m not sharing until 2018 gets closer!
- However, I will tell you that I’m planning for this one to take place all year, with a new ami pattern hopefully every other week (maybe once a month, if things get too crazy).